Sunday, June 24, 2012

An opportunity to give thanks



Last night I was reading an old post of the importance  of the internet by Leila from the Little Catholic Bubble called :  catholic-bloggers-this-ones-for-you

She posted 2 amazing quotes that I will post again here. I had not read them before, but they really made me think since I see my work also as a mission and  I also have received a lot from the internet.    As I have blogged here I work for an internet company in marketing and every day I am learning more and more about its power.  =)


Blessed John Paul II
The Internet causes billions of images to appear on millions of computer monitors around the planet. From this galaxy of sight and sound will the face of Christ emerge and the voice of Christ be heard? For it is only when his face is seen and his voice heard that the world will know the glad tidings of our redemption. This is the purpose of evangelization. And this is what will make the Internet a genuinely human space, for if there is no room for Christ, there is no room for man. --  Message for the 36th World Communications Day (2002)

Pope Benedict XVI
Without fear we must set sail on the digital sea facing into the deep with the same passion that has governed the ship of the Church for two thousand years. Rather than for, albeit necessary, technical resources, we want to qualify ourselves by living in the digital world with a believer’s heart, helping to give a soul to the Internet’s incessant flow of communication. (2010)


As I blogged here I learned personally about the power of internet  when  I found out about Napro through online groups and blogs.   They truly saved my life and continue to be a source of wisdom and guidance during out If battle.

I was thinking about this when we  went to mass to a church that I used to attend, one  that I love very much, but its quite out of the way for us now.  I used to go there to daily mass before I became a mom since it was very close to my former office.    

Well today out of the blue we decided to go there.  My DH told me  there was going to be a a beautiful mass  due to the coming  feast day of the patron saint of this church. It would be nice to go there and maybe spend sometime outside eating in the garden where they were going to put food stands.

Well after Mass we were waiting to say hi to the priest when I lost my DH. After a couple of minutes  I see him talking to an elderly man and go to him, then this man turns to me and  I see its the DH of the founder of our adoption agency.  I am speechless.   Again in a city of millions.

I introduce him to our son and tell him he is fruit of their amazing work saving lives and tell him he is called Jose.m.aria.     He says:   My wife needs to know this  and see the baby again!

So he calls her just as she was about to enter the church and she is ecstatic to see our son and we begin to talk while the other mass starts.    Well the conversation turns to our jobs and we tell her we both have changed jobs since our adoption.

When I mention about what I do  she tells me she has been thinking a lot lately about int.ernet.  I smile thinking about Leila´s post and about the homily I had just heard since  the Mass was dedicated to sanctification through work.

  She knows they must start doing a much better job since women are not coming in the numbers they used to the agency since abortion became legal and I tell her I really think the pro-life movement is losing the battle there, badly.

  I tell her there is tons to do, but it seems we are not communicating as we should and using old strategies.

 The other side its much better equipped  and savvy and they are luring countless women into aborting because they are not seeing the amazing options that they have.  We simply do not use the internet to all its potential and  both JPII and BXVI are calling us to do it.

We start discussing her ideas on this for the next minutes  and then she tells me if I could teach her the basics of the online world?    About blogs, advertising, etc.

 Then she gives me her cell phone and asks me if I could teach her at her home a couple of afternoons  and tell her my thoughts on this and where they can do better to help more women and babies.

  I almost cry right there.    Wow.  

How can I say no?  She is the person that founded the agency  that helped our son´s  BM and she actually was the one that had the final decision that he come to us.

The biggest gift we have ever received.

She is also one of the most esteemed persons in the whole country in the subject of adoption. She singlehandedly changed many laws.

And to think that maybe I can help other women through her? Save other babies?

  I not only see my job as a way to bring stability to my family, but we need more Catholics understanding this new world and if I can help in this this is a major,  major blessing.

 I know deep within myself that there is a deeper reason why God placed me where I am right now. Its hard having to work full time, but there is a reason for everything.

 I just pray that I truly can explain the importance to her of  being more  proactive in internet  and also having a much better strategy and can share all that I can learned in my journey and work.  


I will probably need to pray to my guardian angel so I speak the right words !!

So in the next days I will be able to give thanks  to the agency that gave me the most amazing gift.  My son.







3 comments:

  1. That is great! The right person to do what you were thinking! :) It is amazing how God traces plans to communicate His love for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful!!!!! I am constantly amazed at how God is working in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am blown away by the people God puts in your life!!! You are the perfect person to help another woman become a mom & be chosen through the network of adoption via the internet! This is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete