Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pilgrimage to Guadalupe (offer)

Hi!

Next Sunday I will go on a walking Pilgrimage to the Basilica of Guadalupe where She appeared to Juan Diego and asked for a Basilica to be built. Her image is right there and going there has become a fundamental part of my spiritual journey with IF.

In the darkest hours my prayer has been the same words She said to Juan Diego:

" I am not here, who, I am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not the source of your joy? Are you not in the hollow of my mantle, in the crossing of my arms? Do you need anythng more? Let nothing else worry you, disturb you. "
I have not been there since my miscarriage and I think that I need to thank Her for the grace of my pregnancy and also that we now have an angel in Heaven, Miguel. And also so we can continue to build our family.

Each pilgramage I have done, via car or walking, has had tremendous fruits even if I have not been able to see them right after my visit, but they have been there.

In the past I have taken Her for granted. I have 30 minutes from my house the most visited Marian site in the World and one of the top three together with Lourdes and Fatima, yet I did not visit often prior to my IF. This has been one of the great gifts brought from the pain of my IF.

I will walk together with the priests of my parish and other pilgrims from our church through the city to get to the Basilica in this annual pilgrimage. Its some 10 miles and we will walk from early Sunday to midday approximately. During the walk we will be praying, walking in silence some parts and also singining.

I have an offer to all those interesed:

In the past whenever I have gone there I have taken with me intentions from the catholic IF yahoo group and some far away friends.

In this case its special since we will be also be praying during the walk and taking many intentions with us. We will be adopting the intentions in our walk for 3 hours walking the same steps as Juan Diego. Later at the Basilica we will have a Mass said for us and I can place the intentions at the altar and if anybody wishes later I can light candles, put more Mass intentions, etc. Nothing would make me happier than this very clear example of our Catholicism (universality!)


you can email me at: schatzie1204@gmail.com stating your intentions and wishes.

God Bless!

Eloísa

2 comments:

  1. Emailing you now!! You are amazingly strong and faithful. I'm so proud of you for this. I wish I could join you on this beautiful pilgrimage:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that thanking God for your pregnancy means you are healing??? So happy you have gotten to this point even if it still causes you lots of pain & suffering.

    Will be emailing you soon with my intentions. THANKS!!! I wish I could be there in person but having you go for me is the next best thing!!!

    ReplyDelete