Monday, August 22, 2011
JP II relics and an offer plus more pictures
I have not had time to update, but I have been praying for all of those still waiting and reading blogs during the few minutes that we have free.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers, comments and encouragement in our journey and also for our baby boy.
I promise to write at length about the last days and all the signals from God. The response of our families and friends has been overwhelmingly positive and we have been surrounded by so much love that I have no words to describe it. We have had a stream of visitors and family and have had not a free minute in the last week with the adaptation of the baby to our family, legal proceedings and visits.
i am very bad at Blogger, but here are some more pictures of our little boy.
I have been receiving some questions over and over and I will try to answer here in a short version.
Adoption is closed in Mexico and complelty free. You only have to pay for legal fees that amount to some 2 K usd maximum and it because our agency is private. Adoption via the governement agencies is free. The birth mother cannot receive any money as well as our agency who survives from donations. The birth mother gave over her rights on August 15th to our agency (whose main purpose is to give safe haven to pregnant women in distress. 20 to 30% of them decide to give their babies up for adoption) and this is why we had the call that very same day so late. The agency decides to place the babies inmediately to the chosen families. They choose the families via prayer and an adoption committee, but prayer is the final decision factor really. In our case the birth mother canceled several court hearings and this is why the baby could not be placed before right after birth. We have heard from our agency that for her it was an extremely hard decision and it took her many weeks of prayer to reach it. I am always praying for her.
We currently have the guardianship of the baby and we just have to have proceed in the next weeks with some legal matters and a final presentation in front of a judge so we can have full rights over him. It might take from a couple of weeks to a month. The birth mother complelty signed her rights off on Monday of last week to our agency and the agency now has full rights over the baby. The risk of losing the baby is almost zero. He is with us since Tuesday morning and for all matters he is our son.
We still do not have a name. I know its ridiculous, but we were sure and then had doubts. We are down to 2 names: Alonso which is my husbands name and a name we both love and Josemaría, a very old Spanish name consisting of both Joseph and Mary, which in Spanish. My choice is Josemaria, but i also like Alonso and if my Dh wants it I am complelty OK with it, but now he has doubts. Please pray for us because we are running out of time to decide and also need to name the baby as soon as possible.
Now for the offer:
Tomorrow a dear friend has invited us for what is the best gift ever. The Vatican has loaned to Mexico first class relics of JPII (a vial of his blood) and the relics have started to tour the country. Well tomorrow my Dh and I have been invited to a private showing right in front of the Basilica of Guadalupe at the bishops commision by this dear friend. This is one in a lifetime opportunity for us and we will be going to give thanks for our baby and to ask for His intrcession for Napro Mexico and for all of those still waiting. I can take the intentions sent to me so please put them in the comments section. I am not sure if we will be able to go tomorrow to the Basilica, but we will also try to give Her thanks.
- ► 2012 (64)
- ▼ August (10)